Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I had an interesting thought yesterday. It seems like the more liberal-minded, the majority of those one would associate with the democratic party, cannot stand the idea of there being anyone struggling to keep a decent standard of living, and so they race to prop up everyone immediately. The more conservative-minded--but I can't include the majority of Republicans here, because some of them probably don't want this or haven't thought about it--recognize that this will end up making almost everyone fall harder. And so they are willing to go through a somewhat difficult transition in order to dismantle or diminish some of the government structure most people have come to depend on and find other solutions that work better over time--even, I would hope, if the transition were difficult for them personally.  

Maybe that just applies to me and a few other people, and the differences between the parties are different or more complex, or both. But that thought struck me and I wanted to write about it. :-) 

No comments: