Monday, August 27, 2007

A New Feature

I don't much like the long silences between posts on this site, and it is also always a good thing to read and ponder Scripture, so I have decided on something that may lessen the silences while helping to fulfill the latter requirement. I intend, God willing, to post here every week something from the Bible that caught my attention while reading, or that my pastor preached on, or that for whatever reason comes to my mind to share. Sometimes I may also write some of my thoughts on the passage, if I have anything interesting to say. Here is a passage that struck me in my reading today (all postings will be in the KJV unless otherwise noted):

Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labor of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the field, and there shall be no herd in the stalls: Yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation. The Lord God is my strength, and He will make my feet like hinds' feet, and He will make me to walk upon mine high places.

~Habakkuk 3:17-19a

For those who have not encountered it, hind means "a female red deer" according to thefreedictionary.com.

Coming soon: The Trouble with Adolescence.

~Connor

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting Scripture passages on your blog. What better words to turn to throughout our daily lives?


-Breanna